Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Delicious Project: Pancakes and Pulled Pork


If you’ve got a better idea of starting your day off with a teetering towering of fresh buttermilk pancakes soaked in maple syrup followed by not one, not two, but three kinds of pulled pork on fresh ciabatta buns, well, let me know. I sure haven’t had a yummier Saturday.


From rice puddings, I bring you The Delicious Project Take Two. To kick off the morning, we had three types of pancakes to taste test: frozen, from a box, and pancakes from scratch. To be honest, I was just happy to have pancakes with a generous pool of syrup on the side.


Then there was the pulled pork. Pulled pork. Pulled pork. The words practically beckon. There was frozen (specifically, this pulled pork from this), pulled pork cooked with root beer and bottled BBQ sauce cooked in a slow cooker, and my favourite, pulled pork seasoned with a spice rub, cooked slow and low in the oven for hours and finished with a homemade BBQ sauce. Greedily stuffed between mini buns and a homemade coleslaw, it was pulled pork glory, I had to sit down just to seriously savour my food.The winner? See Lisa’s blog for results. 

 
I took home almost a third of the meat, enough to feed an army. It was deliciously awesome, thank you Lisa and Meghan for feeding me!

The next project is risotto. I can’t freaking wait.

*If you're live in Toronto, I urge you to tweet (or email) your local councillor and demand a change in the street food policy. My tolerance is dwindling over watching people salivate and stuff their mouthes with delicacies as shown on Eat St. I have nothing against hot dogs, but I'd love to see more variety in food carts offered in a big city like Toronto. Wouldn't you like the option of eating...say pulled pork on a fresh bun dripping in sauce right off the street? Do it. Do it now.

Recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment